Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Canon EF-S 18-200mm / Canon EF-S 18-135 disassembly and focus problem repair.

Hi folks!
lately i realized my canon 18-135mm was showing some problems while focusing (auto) and zooming in or out and there was this sound like something is broken and wiggling inside.

i did some research and found out that the problem is just some loose screw inside which is hindering with the focus mechanism. I made sure that the focus motor is working fine but due to the fear of loose screw i used the lens on manual focus (just to be on the safe side).

As my lens was already out of warranty so getting it fixed without paying wasn't an option for me. i took the lens to the repair guy knowing the problem but he gave me a pretty disgusting quote so i decided to do the repairs by myself.
I wasn't confident at the start though as there are not much information or explanatory videos out there on this matter so i made one for you :).

Note: I have done some research on internet and most of the tech guys said that 18-200 disassembly is quite similar to 18-135, so if you have 18-200 than you can get an idea from this video but i couldn't promise that every screw and assembly would be 100% similar in your case.
 

The video itself has problem descriptions and explanations along the video.




Let me know if it helped you. Don't forget to share and +1 on google plus.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment